The College will provide on request a list of accommodation for students from outside the Dublin area. This list is provided as a service and the College cannot take responsibility for the accommodation provided. All arrangements are between the provider and the student.
Once you’ve located accommodation and arranged a viewing, here is a checklist that might prove handy.
Questions to ask
- What is the rent?
- What is the deposit?
- When is the rent due?
- What’s included in the rent?
- What other bills are you to expect during your tenancy?
Things to check around the property.
- Is the accommodation in a safe place that you feel comfortable in?
- What type of transport is available to and from your college?
- Is it close to shops and other amenities?
- Are you close to friends?
- Does the property look in good condition?
- Is the property secure?
- Where do you place your rubbish?
- Bedroom size and condition?
- What is the bathroom like?
- Is the living area clean?
- What condition is the kitchen in?
- What type of heating system is in place?
- General condition of walls, floor for any dampness/dirt etc?
If you are searching for student accommodation in Dublin, do make sure to start early as demand is very high.